Saturday, March 6, 2010

Christmas Isn't Dec. 25th...it's MARCH 6, 2010

Bon Bon and I just finished unpacking a BIG box sent from Teddy Riordan who winters in Naples, Florida.  Teddy and Bon Bon have not met yet, but Teddy found out that Bon Bon had been adopted by me December last and so he wanted to make friends with Bon Bon.  Teddy feels that he and Bon Bon have quite a few things in common.

They both like clothes, treats, toys, surprises, the finer things in life.....and, their mother's undivided attention and LOVE.  They both got lucky in this life (compared to a lot of other dogs) and got adopted into good families that can provide for them and take care of them.  In return both Teddy and Bon Bon LOVE their respective mothers and LOVE to cuddle with them.

Anyhow, today a BIG box was delivered to our house addressed to Bon Bon.  Bon Bon was so excited!  His very first package delivery.  "Who is it from mom", Bon Bon asked me.  "I don't know son, because the sender's address is a pack and ship place in Florida.  Let's open it and find out."

So, Bon Bon and I proceeded to open the BIG box and were we amazed!  Inside were many small boxes wrapped in doggy gift wrap with treat bones attached, and many gifts of small toys in every shape and form...bones, a hedge hog, a hamburger, a watermelon slice, a red heart, a cloth twist bone, etc.  Bon Bon said, "Mom, this must be what Christmas is like!" 

Bon Bon and I began to cut tags off, and we unwrapped all the boxes that had been tied with ribbons and bows.  Bon Bon received many things with his name on them.  Things like a  metal plate that has pegs to hang his clothes,  a metal plate to hang from the side of his new wicker basket where he can keep his toys... why his name also appears on a t-shirt for me, his mom to wear!

Among the many gifts are three towels to dry Bon Bon off with when he comes in from the rain this Spring, a sweet little Harrods t-shirt that Bon Bon can wear when he goes out, two coffee mugs that say 'Home is where your dog is' and 'Dog Lover', three doggie biscuit  cutters in a round box that contains games & recipes for Bon Bon, a pretty blue bone shape picture frame, three books for Bon Bon and me to read and bake from, a box of Marquise de Sevigne chocolates from Paris AND a darling card from Teddy.

When the card was found Bon Bon said, "Hurry up mom!  I have to know who sent me these goodies."  I opened  the card and read the inside message from Teddy and his mom.  Bon Bon looked at me and asked me all about Teddy.  He wanted to know everything that I knew about Teddy.  And, so I told him how Teddy has been a guest at my house on several occasions, how I have taken pictures of Teddy which I got out to show Bon Bon, that Teddy is elderly, that I had embroidered a picture of Teddy and that Teddy and I have known each other for quite some time now.

Then Bon Bon asked me, "Mom, did you wish that Teddy was your son?"  "Yes," I replied.  "Many, many times."  Then Bon Bon said, "Mom, I'm glad you got me!"  "Yes," I replied again.  "So am I."

Now, Bon Bon will be following up with a thank you letter, but he also wanted me to post some pictures of him with his new presents.....and he wanted me to send hugs and kisses to Teddy ASAP.  He says he can not wait to meet Teddy and perhaps go to the park with him this Summer upon Teddy's return.  Bon Bon says that it is very nice to have friends in high places!

1 comment:

  1. Wow-Bon Bon really got the best gifts!
    A very lucky puppy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts please. I welcome all comments.