Thursday, March 4, 2010

Getting Ready!

I will be participating in two local to my community craft fairs this Spring.  The first one is on March 27th and will be held in Mukwonago, a small town eight miles from where I live in Eagle.  The Mukwonago fair is being held for charity, specifically the American Cancer Society.  That's a very good thing because I don't know a family that has not been touched by cancer.  I have donated an embroidered box that I made for this event.

On the 27th which is a Saturday, the fair will be held from 9 to 3 during the day.  Its location is Park View Middle School, Hwys NN & 83, Mukwonago, Wi.  The fair is by invitation only.  Exhibitors creations can be in any media provided that all work is of original design & execution.  And, the items for sale must be made by the seller.

I am very excited about this event because it actually will be my very first art and craft fair.  And so I am busy at work making things to sell.  I already have completed some key tags with a small embroidery insert, some insulated embroidered coffee mugs, some embroidered checkbook covers,  a baby's embroidered snack holder/keeper, an embroidered pencil holder, a collapsible/foldable European market basket that I embroidered a pretty potted pink geranium on its zippered cover, etc.  And, I still have more things in the planning stage.

For myself to wear I embroidered an apron with my logo of the pink rose and the name of my shop.  I also plan to bring with me a scrapbook of embroidered things I have made in the past as my sample book of possibilities.  See the pictures;


I've also made Candy The Artist pink rose price tags to attach to my items and am slowly gathering the materials I will need to complete a sale, things like bags, tissue paper etc.  Of course, Bon Bon is helping me!  This will be my first opportunity to chat and show what I make with local people.  It should be very interesting.  And so, I will keep you posted.  The second fair is the one I and my fellow Eagle Team members are organizing to be held May, 6,7 & 8, 2010.  This fair will be held in Eagle, Wi.  I am also getting ready for this event.  As May comes closer, I will be posting here more information about that show.  Busy, busy, busy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Major success at your first art fair, Candy.

    So looking forward to hearing how it went.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts please. I welcome all comments.