Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Is Sprung

After one week of mild, foggy, warmer weather only bare traces of snow remain here in southeast Wisconsin.  Today, two returning robins returned to once again build their nest in my flower garden.  Did you know that robins return to the same site each year?  This pair will build two or three nests in a season.  They like it here!  This is my first sighting of robins this year.

And, my moth orchid which is my muse for much of what I create has just this week begun to flower again.  They bloom on long arching stems with huge flowers that last several months.  This particular orchid does not have a scent...but I don't need that when the flower is so gorgeous! 


I have made French beaded moth orchids among other types of orchids that I offer for sale in my etsy shop as well as orchid beaded pillows and orchid embroidery.  I find them fascinating and easy to grow.  Here are some pictures of the real orchid;
Whoa!  That last picture is not of an orchid.  But it is the picture of a wreath hat complete with hanger that I just finished embroidering with two hibiscus and a sapphire butterfly.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That flower is beautiful! And Bon Bon couldnt be more adorable. :) What a load of treats!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts please. I welcome all comments.